- Biology, ecology, and behavior of disease vectors: malaria, dengue, Chikungunya, Zika and Rift Valley fever.
- Mathematical modeling of vector-borne diseases in urban communities.
- Impact of climate change on the emergence of Aedes-transmitted diseases.
- Vector control and management of insecticide resistance.
- M.Sc. (Zoology), Field: Medical Entomology – University of Khartoum.
- B.Sc. (Zoology), Division One Honors – University of Khartoum.
- Seidahmed, O. M., & Eltahir, E. A. (2016). A Sequence of Flushing and Drying of Breeding Habitats of Aedes aegypti (L.) Prior to the Low Dengue Season in Singapore. PLoS Negl Trop Dis, 10(7), e0004842.
- Adam, A., Seidahmed, O. M., Weber, C., Schnierle, B., Schmidt-Chanasit, J., Reiche, S., & Jassoy, C. (2016). Low Seroprevalence Indicates Vulnerability of Eastern and Central Sudan to Infection with Chikungunya Virus. Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases, 16(4), 290-291.
- Himatt, S., Osman, K. E., Okoued, S. I., Seidahmed, O. E., Beatty, M. E., Soghaier, M. A., & Elmusharaf, K. (2015). Sero-prevalence of dengue infections in the Kassala state in the eastern part of the Sudan in 2011. Journal of infection and public health, 8(5), 487-492.
- Soghaier MA, Himatt S, Osman KE, Okoued SI, Seidahmed OE, Beatty ME, Elmusharaf K, Khogali J, Shingrai NH, Elmangory MM. Cross-sectional community-based study of the socio-demographic factors associated with the prevalence of dengue in the eastern part of Sudan in 2011. BMC public health. 2015 Jun 18;15(1):558
- Abuelmaali SA, Elaagip AH, Basheer MA, Frah EA, Ahmed FT, Elhaj HF, Seidahmed OM, Weetman D, Hamid MM. Impacts of agricultural practices on insecticide resistance in the malaria vector Anopheles arabiensis in Khartoum State, Sudan. PLoS One. 2013 Nov 18;8(11):e80549.
- Seidahmed OM, Hassan SA, Soghaier MA, Siam HA, Ahmed FT, Elkarsany MM, Sulaiman SM. Spatial and temporal patterns of dengue transmission along a Red Sea coastline: a longitudinal entomological and serological survey in Port Sudan City. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2012 Sep 27;6(9):e1821.
- Seidahmed OM, Abdelmajed MA, Mustafa MS, Mnzava AP. Insecticide susceptibility status of the malaria vector Anopheles arabiensis in Khartoum city, Sudan: differences between urban and periurban areas. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal. 2012 Jul 1;18(7):769.
- Seidahmed OM, Siam HA, Soghaier MA, Abubakr M, Osman HA, Abd Elrhman LS, Elmagbol B, Velayudhan R. Dengue vector control and surveillance during a major outbreak in a coastal Red Sea area in Sudan.Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal. 2012 Jul 1;18(7):769.
- Seidahmed al (2008). End-user errors in applying two malaria rapid diagnostic tests in a remote area of Sudan Tropical Medicine & International Health, Volume 13 no 3 pp 406–409.
- Seidahmed O. and Eltahir E. (2016). A mechanistic model for dengue under the coexistence of Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus in endemic areas. XXV International Congress of Entomology, Orlando, USA.
- Seidahmed O. and Eltahir E. (2015). Denggi, Downpour and Drains: How does Climate Impact Dengue in Singapore?. CENSAM’s 8th Annual Workshop 2015, Singapore.
- Seidahmed et al. (2009). “Insecticides susceptibility status of the malaria vector Anopheles arabiensis Patton at the African continental fringe in Sudan”, The 8th MIM Pan-African Malaria Conference, Nairobi, Kenya, 206.
- Mohieldin M.M., Seidahmed O.M.E., et al. (2009). “Safety Use of Insecticides by the Community and Spray-men at the Gambiae Control Project Area at Sudan”, The 8th MIM Pan-African Malaria Conference, Nairobi, Kenya, 152.
- Mohamedein M.M., Seidahmed M.E., (2009). Real-field Stability of Two Brands of Malaria Rapid Diagnostic Tests (RDTs) at a Tropical Area in Sudan”, The 8th MIM Pan-African Malaria Conference, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Elhaj H.F., Ahmed; Seidahmed, et al. “Selection of a practical dosage of Bendiocarb against malaria vector An. arabiensis at three villages in Sudan”. 1st; Wad Madani, Sudan, 2008.
- Seidahmed et.al (2005). “ Biting behaviour of malaria vectors in relation to community behavior in sleeping and usage of insecticides treated bednets in Sudan” The Fourth MIM Pan-African Malaria Conference, Yaoundé, Cameroon, Acta Tropica, 95S, S1–S506.